Sichuan Agricultural University (SAU) has 41 undergraduate programs to the international students. Besides 3 specialized programs are instructed in English or bilingually in Chinese & English, most of the programs are offered in Chinese. Undergraduate programs are usually completed in 4 years. Certificates of graduation and degree will be awarded to those who have met the requirements of graduation and degree conferment.
2. Qualification of Applicants
(1) The qualified applicant aged between 18 and 25, in good physical and mental health, and awarded a certificate of graduation from senior high school.
(2) Good Chinese language proficiency. For programs offered in Chinese, applicants for the programs of humanities, social sciences, art, management, journalism and law should pass Chinese Proficiency Test (HSK) band 5 or above, with each subject graded over 60 points; those for science and engineering programs should pass Chinese Proficiency Test (HSK) band 4 or above, with each subject graded over 60 points.
(3) For those who have given up their original Chinese nationality and become a foreign citizen, the conditions set by the Document No. 83 (2009) of the Ministry of Education of China should be met.
3. Application Schedule
(1) Online Application:
Scholarship Applicants: December 1st 2016 to May 1st 2017
Self-supporting Applicants: December 1st 2016 to June 1st 2017
(2) Deadline for Written Materials Submission
Scholarship Applicants: May 5th 2017
Self-supporting Applicants: June 5th 2017
★ Note: The written materials delivered by mail shall be postmarked by the deadline.
4. Application Procedure
Step 1: Online Application
★ Note: The information provided online cannot be modified after the application deadline.
Step 2: Documents Submission online
(1) Application Form for International Students with signature
(2) Scholarship Application Form with signature (If applicable)
(3) Original or notarized photocopies of senior high school certificate, junior high school certificate, and senior high school transcripts. Documents in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized translations in Chinese or English.
(4) For applicants who will be graduating from senior high school (University) in July should provide the Pre-graduation Certificate. Original graduation certificate should be submitted after admission.
(5) Chinese Language Proficiency Certificate (HSK), and a photocopy of the transcripts (original version is requested before admission).
(6) Two copies of applicant's recent photo (2-inch size, cap-free, white background).
(7) A photocopy of passport pages with photo, visa or residence permit.
(8) For the applicants who are studying in a university, additional materials are required, such as schooling records, on-going study certificate and recommendation from the university.
(9) For applicants under the age of 18 on Registration Day, a notarization of guarantors in China is required. The guardian of the student has to be living in Sichuan at present. Whatever the guardian's nationality is, he or she must have a source of income.
(10) English Language Proficiency certificate for programs taught in English (IELTS, IBT).
(11) The applicants who wish to be exempted from the written test of the entrance examination shall submit an Application for Written Test Exemption, and attach the SAT transcripts, IB certificate and transcripts, or A-Level certificate and transcripts which meet the Conditions of Written Test Exemption.
(12) According to the Document No. 83 (2009) of the Ministry of Education of China, the applicants who have given up their original Chinese nationality and become a foreign citizen should submit the following documents: naturalization certificate, proof of cancellation of the original Chinese citizen, photocopy of the passport pages with exit and entry stamps for the recent four years, proof of study abroad in the recent two years.
(13) Other supporting materials including sports, arts and other relevant awards and certificates to show your talent, transcripts of college entrance examination in home country, admission notice from well-known foreign universities, etc.
1) In addition to the above application materials, the university may require applicant to provide supplementary materials, depending on the circumstances.
2) All the application materials will not be returned except for the official documents such as senior high school diploma and HSK Certificate, etc.
3) The application is invalid if the application materials are incomplete.
Step 3：Application Fee Payment
Two ways to pay application fee (non-refundable): RMB 600 (or U.S. Dollar 90 for overseas payment)
(1) Pay at the International Student Office of SAU in person or entrust others. Submit the copy of the Payment Receipt to ISO.
Ya’an Campus: Room 425, Comprehensive Administration Building, No.46 Xinkang Road, Yucheng District, Ya’an
Chengdu Campus: Room 721, Administration Building 1, No.211 Huimin Road, Wenjiang District, Chengdu
(2) Transfer via banks and submit Payment Receipt in the online system.
SWIFT Code: PCBCCNBJSCX
Bank Name*: CHINA CONSTRUCTION BANK CORPORATION, SICHUAN BRANCH
Bank Address*: 19/F CCB SICHUAN BUILDING, NO.86 TIDU STREET, CHENGDU 610016 P.R.CHINA
Account No: 51001837108059666666
Name*：SICHUAN AGRICULTURAL UNIVERSITY
Bank information above in Chinese:
SWIFT Code: BKCHCNBJ570
Bank Name*: BANK OF CHINA WENJIANG SUB BR SICHUAN BRANCH
Bank Address*: NO.35 SECTION RENMIN ZHONGLU CHENGDU, CHINA
Account No: 121218826989
Name*：SICHUAN AGRICULTURAL UNIVERSITY
Bank information above in Chinese:
Step 4：Original Application Documents Submission
Deliver the hard copy of the signed Application Form and other original application documents to International Student Office by mail (mail address is enclosed in the item Contact Information). The documents should be bound on top left corner (in duplicate) in the order above. No application documents will be returned.
(1) The applicants should complete online application and materials submission delivered by post-mail must be postmarked by the deadline.
(2) The documents provided should be in Chinese or in English; otherwise notarial translations in Chinese or English are required. None of the above application documents will be returned.
(3) Before June 30th, the fresh graduates need to submit the graduate degree's diploma and official transcript which has been notarized. Late submissions will not be entertained. Students are not officially admitted if application documents are not qualified. Application documents will not be returned.
5. Entrance Examination
★ Note: The applicants for the exemption of written test should complete online application and materials submission as soon as possible in the aforementioned schedule. Before May 1, 2017, the applicants will be notified whether or not the exemption is proved.
(1) Subjects of Written Test for the majors/programs in Science, Engineering, Economics and Management: Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, and English.
(2) Subjects of Written Test for the majors/programs in Law, Humanities, and Social Sciences: Basic Chinese Language, Chinese Writing, General Knowledge, and English.
(3) Subjects of Written Test for the majors in Arts and Design: Chinese Writing, General Knowledge, Sketch, Quick Sketch, and Color Painting.
(4) Extra Test and Interview: the applicant may be required to do extra test or interview, depending on the circumstances.
Currently, Sichuan Agricultural University offers two kinds of scholarships to the international students: Sichuan Government Scholarship (SGS) and Sichuan Agricultural University Scholarships (SAUSO). The scholarships cover full or some proportions of tuition, living allowance, medical insurance, basic textbooks, etc.
Scholarship recipients must go through the Annual scholarship Review. The scholarship will be terminated if the students fail to meet the requirements in Annual Review.
7. Inquiry and Admission Notice
The applicants who pass the examination or interview, and be approved by Sichuan Agricultural University International Student Admission Committee will be finally admitted. Admission Notice, Visa Application Form for Study in China (JW202) will be issued by International Students Office. Prior to this, the International Office will send email to admitted students and the applicants may check admission status via the Online Application System.
8. Visa Application and Registration
The admitted students should bring their personal and ordinary passport, Admission Notice, Visa Application Form (JW202), and original Form of Physical Examination Record for Foreigners as well as other original documents of physical examination to the Embassy or Consulate of the People's Republic of China, and apply for student visa (X1 visa). Students who intend to live in the dormitory on campus shall apply for the room on line during the dates specified on the university instructions. Students shall come to International Students Office for registration during the dates indicated on the Admission Notice with the aforementioned documents. Students must enter Mainland China with ordinary passport, X1 visa, and must apply for Residence Permit within 30 days after arrival in China.
9. Accommodation Reservation
On-campus rooms can only be reserved for those who have successfully applied on line. There is a bathroom, broadband internet access, furniture for each room in the student apartment. Air-conditioners, refrigerator and microwave oven are installed in some of the rooms. There are also water boilers, laundry services and public showers in the apartment. For each room, there is a fixed amount of free water and electricity, and the extra amount will be paid by students themselves.
Those who fail to apply for the dorm on line need to find the accommodation off campus by themselves.
10. Costs (in RMB Yuan)
(1) Application Fee (Non-refundable): RMB 600
(2) Tuition Fees of Undergraduate Programs: RMB 16,000/Year
(3) Accidental Injury and Hospitalization Insurance: RMB 800/year
International students at Sichuan Agricultural University must be medically insured throughout their entire planned period of study. Students are required to purchase the Comprehensive Insurance Plan of Foreign Students provided by Ping An insurance company on the day of registration, which has been recognized and recommended by the Chinese Ministry of Education. Students who do not have valid medical insurance are not allowed to register.
To get more detailed information about insurance (Scheme 2), please visit the website of International Student Insurance (www.lxbx.net).
Accommodation fee (RMB)
Bathroom, furniture, broadband internet access, 2 beds
5, 200 yuan/room/year
2, 600 yuan/bed/year
7, 000 yuan/room/year
3, 500 yuan/bed/year
a. Bedding and towels are not supplied.
b. For each room, there is a fixed amount of free water and electricity, and the extra amount will be paid by students themselves.
(5) Estimated cost of living (For your reference)
Meals: approximately 12,000 Yuan/year
Basic textbooks: Charged according to the actual cost (approximately 500 Yuan/year)
Residence Permit: 400 Yuan/year
Physical Examination: approximately 500 Yuan
Transportation and other miscellaneous costs: approximately 3,000 Yuan/year
11. Contact Information
International Students Office of Sichuan Agricultural University:
Address: Room 721, Administration Building 1,
No.211 Huimin Road, Wenjiang District, Chengdu
611130, P. R. China
Email: email@example.comWebsite: http://english.sicau.edu.cn