Sichuan Agricultural University (SAU) has 26 colleges and 14 research institutes and offers offer 101 Master's and 52 doctoral programs to the international students. Besides some specialized programs are instructed in English, most of the programs are offered in Chinese or bilingually in Chinese and English. Master's programs and Doctoral programs are usually completed in 3 years. Certificates of graduation and degree will be awarded to those who have met the requirements of graduation and degree conferment.
2. Qualification of Applicants
The qualified applicant in principle should have good physical and mental health and qualified school performance.
(1) Degree requirement
(a) Applicants for Master programs should have a Bachelor degree.
(b) Applicants for Doctoral programs should have a Master degree.
(2) Language skills requirements:
(a) For programs offered in Chinese or bilingually in Chinese and English: applicants for the programs of humanities, social sciences, art, management, journalism and law should pass Chinese Proficiency Test (HSK) band 4–above score 195, and those for science and engineering programs should pass Chinese Proficiency Test (HSK) band 4–above score 180.
(b) Applicants should pass TOEFL 80 or IFLTS 6.5.
(c) For Doctoral Program applicants: if the English proficiency is sufficient, the Chinese language requirement could be adjusted for some majors.
3. Application Schedule
(1) Online Application:
Scholarship Applicants: December 1st 2016 to May 1st 2017
Self-supporting Applicants: December 1st 2016 to June 1st 2017
(2) Deadline for Written Materials Submission
Scholarship Applicants: May 5th 2017
Self-supporting Applicants: June 5th 2017
★ Note: The date of the written materials delivered by mail shall be the date on which the written materials was posted as evidenced by the postmark.
4. Application Procedure
Step 1: Invitation of supervisor
Applicants for master’s and doctorate studies should firstly be approved by SAU supervisor and get his Acceptance Letter.
Please refer to Research Supervisors for International Students.
Step 2: Online Application
Complete application in the Online System http://184.108.40.206/. Submit Acceptance Letter and Personal Information. Print and sign the application form produced by the system after the application status and the uploaded photo change to “verified”.
Step 3: Documents Submission online
1) Application Form for International Students with signature
2) Scholarship Application Form with signature (If applicable)
3) Acceptance Letter from host-supervisor
4) Personal statement, inclusive Personal Resume/CV, a study plan or research proposal. Doctoral program applicants also need to submit brief introduction of research experience.
5) Notarized copy of Diploma/Degree certificate. Master program applicants need to submit bachelor degree certificate. Doctoral program applicants need to submit both master and bachelor degree certificates. Those who have not graduated yet shall offer Pre-graduation Certificate and academic transcript. Documents in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized translations in Chinese or English.
6) Notarized copy of Academic transcript. Master program applicants need to submit academic transcript of undergraduate study. Doctoral program applicants need to submit academic transcripts of both graduate and undergraduate studies. Documents in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized translations in Chinese or English.
7) Chinese Language Proficiency Certificate (HSK) and score report (unless a waiver is approved). Original version is required in the process of registration.
8) English Language Proficiency certificate for applicants of English-taught programs (IELTS, IBT).
9) Two academic recommendation letters in Chinese or English from scholars of associate professorship or higher (offer phone number and email address on the letter)
10) A photocopy of the valid passport (pages with photo, including the valid visa page and residence permit page if you are already in China)
1) In addition to the above application materials, the university may require applicant to provide supplementary materials, depending on the circumstances.
2) The application is invalid if the application materials are incomplete.
Step 4：Application Fee Payment
Two ways to pay application fee (non-refundable): RMB 600 (or U.S. Dollar 90 for overseas payment)
(1)Pay at the International Student Office of SAU in person or entrust others. Submit the copy of the Payment Receipt to ISO.
Ya’an Campus: Room 425, Comprehensive Administration Building, No.46 Xinkang Road, Yucheng District, Ya’an
Chengdu Campus: Room 721, Administration Building 1, No.211 Huimin Road, Wenjiang District, Chengdu
(2) Transfer via banks and submit Payment Receipt in the online system.
SWIFT Code: PCBCCNBJSCX
Bank Name*: CHINA CONSTRUCTION BANK CORPORATION, SICHUAN BRANCH
Bank Address*: 19/F CCB SICHUAN BUILDING, NO.86 TIDU STREET, CHENGDU 610016 P.R.CHINA
Account No: 51001837108059666666
Name*：SICHUAN AGRICULTURAL UNIVERSITY
Bank information above in Chinese:
SWIFT Code: BKCHCNBJ570
Bank Name*: BANK OF CHINA WENJIANG SUB BR SICHUAN BRANCH
Bank Address*: NO.35 SECTION RENMIN ZHONGLU CHENGDU, CHINA
Account No: 121218826989
Name*：SICHUAN AGRICULTURAL UNIVERSITY
Bank information above in Chinese:
Step 5：Original Application Documents Submission
(1) The applicants should complete online application and materials submission must be postmarked by the deadline.
(2) The documents provided should be in Chinese or English, otherwise notarial translations in Chinese or English are required. None of the above application documents will be returned.
(3) Before June 30th, the fresh graduates need to submit the graduate degree's diploma and official transcript which has been notarized. Late submissions will not be entertained. Students are not officially admitted if application documents are not qualified. Application documents will not be returned.
Currently, Sichuan Agricultural University offers two kinds of scholarships to the international students: Sichuan Government Scholarship (SGS) and Sichuan Agricultural University Scholarships (SAUSO). The scholarships cover full or some proportions of tuition, living allowance, medical insurance, basic textbooks, etc.
Scholarship recipients must go through the Annual scholarship Review. The scholarship will be terminated if the students fail to meet the requirements in Annual Review.
6. Review and Examination
The admission committee in the College/Institute will review the application documents and select applicants for further examination or interview. The applicants selected will be notified.
7. Inquiry and Admission Notice
The applicants who pass the examination or interview, and be approved by Sichuan Agricultural University International Student Admission Committee will be finally admitted. Admission Notice, Visa Application Form for Study in China (JW202) will be issued by International Students Office. Prior to this, the International Office will send email to admitted students and the applicants may check admission status via the Online Application System.
8. Visa Application and Registration
The admitted students should bring their personal and ordinary passport, Admission Notice, Visa Application Form (JW202), and original Form of Physical Examination Record for Foreigners as well as other original documents of physical examination to the Embassy or Consulate of the People's Republic of China, and apply for student visa (X1 visa). Students who intend to live in the dormitory on campus shall apply for the room on line during the dates specified on the university instructions. Students shall come to International Students Office for registration during the dates indicated on the Admission Notice with the aforementioned documents. Students must enter Mainland China with ordinary passport, X1 visa, and must apply for Residence Permit within 30 days after arrival in China.
9. Accommodation Reservation
On-campus rooms can only be reserved for those who have successfully applied on line. There is a bathroom, broadband internet access, furniture for each room in the student apartment. Air-conditioners, refrigerator and microwave oven are installed in some of the rooms. There are also water boilers, laundry services and public showers in the apartment. For each room, there is a fixed amount of free water and electricity, and the extra amount will be paid by students themselves.
Those who fail to apply for the dorm on line need to find the accommodation off campus by themselves.
10. Costs (in RMB Yuan)
(1) Application Fee (Non-refundable): RMB 600
(2) Tuition Fees of Graduate Programs
Master's Programs: 20,000/Year
Doctoral Programs: 26,000/Year
(3) Accidental Injury and Hospitalization Insurance: RMB 800/year
International students at Sichuan Agricultural University must be medically insured throughout their entire planned period of study. Students are required to purchase the Comprehensive Insurance Plan of Foreign Students provided by Ping An insurance company on the day of registration, which has been recognized and recommended by the Chinese Ministry of Education. Students who do not have valid medical insurance are not allowed to register.
To get more detailed information about insurance (Scheme 2), please visit the website of International Student Insurance (www.lxbx.net).
Accommodation fee (RMB)
Bathroom, furniture, broadband internet access, 2 beds
5, 200 yuan/room/year
2, 600 yuan/bed/year
7, 000 yuan/room/year
3, 500 yuan/bed/year
a. Bedding and towels are not supplied.
b. For each room, there is a fixed amount of free water and electricity, and the extra amount will be paid by students themselves.
(5) Estimated cost of living (For your reference)
Meals: approximately 12,000 Yuan/year
Basic textbooks: Charged according to the actual cost (approximately 500 Yuan/year)
Residence Permit: 400 Yuan/year
Physical Examination: 500 Yuan
Transportation and other miscellaneous costs: approximately 3,000 Yuan/year
11. Contact Information
International Students Office of Sichuan Agricultural University:
Address: Room 721, Administration Building 1,
No.211 Huimin Road, Wenjiang District, Chengdu
611130, P. R. China
Tel: +86-28-86293221, +86-835-2882969